Friday 17 September 2010

Girl power

Girls Aloud will always ALWAYS be my favourite ever girl band, but whilst they do their solo thang, releasing makeup, swaning around in America and X Factoring, they've left a massive girly void in my life.

So, until they reclaim their throne, The Saturdays are a pretty good second best. I first saw them perform when they were supporting Girls Aloud on their Tangled Up tour (one of the best nights.ever.) way back when they looked like this...


I must admit, I wasn't that impressed. The bright neon outfits were combined with bright neon ribbon strips which they wrapped around themselves and waved in the air as they performed a fairly bland set.
Oh how they've grown.

They've ditched the highlighter-inspired garments, smartened up their look and are releasing some, for want of a more technical term, TUNES.

They narrowly missed out on the top spot this summer with 'Missing You,' but their new single 'Higher' is even better. It's girly pop at its best, all about how no man will ever hold them down. Although I wouldn't object to their love interests holding me down (ooer, and I'm looking at you, Dougie. swoon)

And their TV show, The Saturdays 24/7 has spawned hundreds of Facebook statuses from girls stating their utter desire to be the sixth member. And, quite frankly, with trips to LA, manicures, nights out at Mahiki and performances here and there, it looks like the dream job.

And, to top my new found obsession off, I'm off to see them in February. Best get practicing those dance routines ;)

1 comment:

  1. I heart Una. The blonde needs to be gagged - she's so irritating.

    ReplyDelete